Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 23rd St.; 6 at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Special Occasion
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
The city’s original wine-geek club has only 3,000 bottles on its list. But compared with the aggressively refined Cru, it’s an amiable, even cozy place, where the excellent clubhouse cook, Sam Hazen, churns out a dependable roster of wine-friendly French food. Plant yourself at the bar, where you can fritter away your cash on glasses of the house Burgundy, while sucking up to the assembled wine millionaires swilling down their bottles of Comtes Lafon. If you’re lucky, one of them might give you a sip.
Recipes at Veritas
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s