Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 86th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Singles Scene
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
79th St. to 89th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
In a neighborhood packed with sports bars, an inventive Mediterranean menu and chic garden set this wine-focused Italian place apart. Inside, a cramped bunch of singles cavort on whimsical furnishings; a separate, more polished side room welcomes dinner groups. Small plates meant to balance a quick cocktail can be ordered singly or in three tasting flights that let you choose from welcome standards like roasted peppers and anchovy or in-season pairings like nectarines and trout. Appetizers are more creative—scallops dressed with muscat syrup served with a red-plum-and-arugula salad and a fig tart with goat cheese. The competent dinner menu features (occasionally dubious) homemade pastas and simple mains like duck breast, expertly seared and plated with a fennel demiglace; veal medallions arrive straight from the grill with the traditional lemon butter and capers. Like its namesake scooter, there’s charm and function aplenty here—even if some vroom is absent.Recommended Dishes
Seared scallops, $15
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu