- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Thu, noon-10pm; Fri-Sat, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Houston St.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Great Desserts
- No Alcohol
Sophia Brittan, co-founder of online cooking show Kitchen Caravan, brings an exotic new twist to the fro-yo market. At Victory Garden, she’s transforming goat’s milk from Side Hill Acres, in Candor, NY, into a naturally tangy plain frozen yogurt, also available in florally inspired flavors like rose petal and lemon poppy, and—for a caprine alternative to Grom up the block—two flavors of soft-serve goat’s-milk ice cream (chocolate and salted caramel). Offbeat toppings range from healthful (chia and flaxseed) to tastefully indulgent (halva, Liddabit honeycomb candy). The signature dairy also factors into yogurt parfaits, plus such topical applications as soaps, lotions, and lip balms, many produced on local farms.
Best of New York Awards
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White