- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Wed, 11am-midnight; Thu-Sat; 11am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at Prince St.
- Brunch - Daily
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
A joint venture between entrepreneur Lesly Bernard and consulting pastry chef Pichet Ong, Village Tart serves more than just its titular pastry (though there are tarts to be found, both sweet and savory). The comfort-food menu centers around dishes like chicken pot pie, braised short rib, and the cheekily-named "baked rigatoni & good cheese," and Ong's desserts stick to the comforting theme: raspberry lemon butterscotch budino, strawberries and cream tart, chocolate chip cupcakes. An all-day bakery operation includes breakfast items, savory baked goods, cookies, cakes, and chocolates.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White