- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Wed, 11am-midnight; Thu-Sat; 11am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at Prince St.
- Brunch - Daily
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
A joint venture between entrepreneur Lesly Bernard and consulting pastry chef Pichet Ong, Village Tart serves more than just its titular pastry (though there are tarts to be found, both sweet and savory). The comfort-food menu centers around dishes like chicken pot pie, braised short rib, and the cheekily-named "baked rigatoni & good cheese," and Ong's desserts stick to the comforting theme: raspberry lemon butterscotch budino, strawberries and cream tart, chocolate chip cupcakes. An all-day bakery operation includes breakfast items, savory baked goods, cookies, cakes, and chocolates.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu