- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.; F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
The “voice of the people” is the emphasis here, where there’s equal attention paid to raising consciousness and to serving coffee to fuel the impassioned conversations. For the latter, try the lattés, cappuccinos, and white chocolate mochas, all made with fair-trade-certified beans. For the former, owner Sander Hicks, founder of Soft Skull Press, has his own muckraking newspaper, The New York Megaphone. The school-bus-yellow interior has a comfortable, lefty feel, with a coffee bar made of salvaged mahogany and topped with recycled glass and cement.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu