Mon-Thu, noon-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight; Sun, 2pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
G at Nassau Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Metropolitan Ave. to Ash St., Morgan Ave. to Franklin St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Although Wasabi's flavorful but undistinguished sushi wouldn't turn heads in Manhattan, it's nothing short of a miracle in sushi-deprived Greenpoint (although perhaps not as shocking in Williamsburg). The restaurant itself is stylish but not elaborately so; the focus is on getting Brooklyn hipsters fed in an efficiently appealing setting. That said, the service can be both spotty and surly. But if you're willing to put up with it, you'll be rewarded with tasty selections from the extensive menu. The rolls are particularly satisfying, including vegetarian rolls like the Zen-Zen, an orgy of mixed seaweed, tofu, asparagus and mushroom. Wasabi may have an extensive menu (there are also numerous hot entrées), but its prices aren't similarly profligate, making it one of Brooklyn's best bets for Japanese cuisine.Recommended Dishes
Dragon roll, $7.95; zen-zen roll, $5.25; rainbow roll, $11.25; hijiki, $4.50
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s