Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
S. 7th St. to N. 12th St., Havemeyer St. to Kent Ave.
This venue is closed.
Although Wasabi's flavorful but undistinguished sushi wouldn't turn heads in Manhattan, it's nothing short of a miracle in sushi-deprived Greenpoint (although perhaps not as shocking in Williamsburg). The restaurant itself is stylish but not elaborately so; the focus is on getting Brooklyn hipsters fed in an efficiently appealing setting. That said, the service can be both spotty and surly. But if you're willing to put up with it, you'll be rewarded with tasty selections from the extensive menu. The rolls are particularly satisfying, including vegetarian rolls like the Zen-Zen, an orgy of mixed seaweed, tofu, asparagus and mushroom. Wasabi may have an extensive menu (there are also numerous hot entrées), but its prices aren't similarly profligate, making it one of Brooklyn's best bets for Japanese cuisine.Recommended Dishes
Dragon roll, $8; zen-zen roll, $5.25; rainbow roll, $11.25; hijiki, $4.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu