- READER REVIEWS
Curry and Tandoor Corner
Nearby Subway Stops
J, Z at Bowery; B, D at Grand St.; 6 at Spring St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Delivery after 10pm
- No Alcohol
Orchard St. to Greene St., E. 3rd St. to Worth St.
This venue is closed.
An Indian takeout joint ain’t much to get excited about, especially when the place doesn’t stray from the classics, but this tiny Halal spot is notable because Little Chitaly doesn’t have many subcontinental options. Curry and Tandoor Corner, which replaces a dumpling spot that served fish heads for cheap, comes from the former owners of midtown’s Joy of India. All dishes are prepared fresh every day rather than cooking and freezing them, and the chef has taken what we’re told is an unusual step of cooking kati rolls in a tandoor (or clay oven), so that the beef is leaner. One more thing to note: Curry and Tandoor Corner is open relatively late for this area, till 10:45 p.m.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu