Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. C to Bowery
Nearly three years after his short-lived first foray into the East Village, Westville chef-partner Jay Strauss has tried once more to clone his perpetually thronged West Village joint across town, in a relatively spacious 40-seat corner spot with what Strauss calls “great light and a very expensive big new kitchen.” As an Alphabet City local himself, Strauss perceives a niche for his elevated brand of all-American comfort food, from cast-iron-cooked turkey burgers and Niman Ranch Fearless Franks to the vegetarian-friendly chalkboard market menu.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu