- READER REVIEWS
Whiskey Soda Lounge
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Chef
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Just up the street from Pok Pok Ny in Brooklyn, chef Andy Ricker has said that he intends Whiskey Soda to be a place to cool your heels while you wait for a table at Pok Pok Ny, but the spot's full menu has more than enough food to make Whiskey Soda a viable main-event-for-the-night option. There are bar snacks like roasted peanuts with lime leaf garlic and chiles; and shrimp chips or deep-fried anchovies with Ricker-approved Shark brand sriracha. There's also a whole list of larger dishes such as grilled flank steak "with a little bit of salt and MSG"; "Drunkard's stir fry" with aromatics, green peppercorns and boar collar; and, of course, the famous Ike's Vietnamese Fish Sauce wings. As for drinks, there are lots of 'em and they're all the favorites you'd expect: The Tamarind whiskey sour, plenty of drinking vinegar, and the kaffir-infused gin and tonic. There is also as you might guess from the name a full whiskey list, focusing on bourbon with a few Scotches and Irish whiskeys, too.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s