Mon-Wed, 5pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight; Sun, noon-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
4th St. to 14th St., Ave. D to Lafayette St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Head downstairs at tiny East Village counter joint Whitmans for a decidedly more sit-down-oriented though no less meat-friendly dining room. With seating for 26, the rustic room nearly triples the restaurant's total capacity, and is decked out with chicken-print wallpaper, reclaimed New Hampshire barn wood, and windows recovered from the old New York Times building. Diners order off an expanded version of the upstairs menu yes, the pimento-cheese-stuffed Juicy Lucy is available for table service, as is the flash-fried "crack kale." New additions to the menu include the peanut-butter-and-bacon-topped PB&B burger, a Meat Hook garlic sausage dressed with spicy mustard and beer-caramelized onions, and a comparatively heart-friendly iceberg wedge dressed with bacon, croutons, and buttermilk blue cheese.Recommended Dishes
Juicy Lucy, $12
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda βFinally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight