Mon-Wed, 5pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight; Sun, noon-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
4th St. to 14th St., Ave. D to Lafayette St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Head downstairs at tiny East Village counter joint Whitmans for a decidedly more sit-down-oriented — though no less meat-friendly — dining room. With seating for 26, the rustic room nearly triples the restaurant's total capacity, and is decked out with chicken-print wallpaper, reclaimed New Hampshire barn wood, and windows recovered from the old New York Times building. Diners order off an expanded version of the upstairs menu — yes, the pimento-cheese-stuffed Juicy Lucy is available for table service, as is the flash-fried "crack kale." New additions to the menu include the peanut-butter-and-bacon-topped PB&B burger, a Meat Hook garlic sausage dressed with spicy mustard and beer-caramelized onions, and a comparatively heart-friendly iceberg wedge dressed with bacon, croutons, and buttermilk blue cheese.Recommended Dishes
Juicy Lucy, $12
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu