Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 86th St.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Late-Night Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Since opening on the eastern edge of the Upper East Side in the summer of 2006, this American bistro has become a neighborhood draw for twenty-somethings looking for late dinners and drinks. The bistro bit extends to a multi-colored tiled floor, dimmed sconces, basket (wicker) chairs, and mahogany booths, but gears shift on weekends when a bouncer will card you at the door. This should be a tip that anything beyond bar food falls flat. There’s a solid house burger (a half-pounder with the works), tasty seared filet mignon sliders, and filling, even family-sized salads, but the mussels and tuna tartar are dubious selections. Take a similarly simple path by ordering beer at the bar; the shortlist of wine here only mentions varietals—leaving the label and region to your imagination.Recommended Dishes
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu