- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Great Desserts
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
On a quickly developing block of Tenth Avenue set just above the meatpacking district, Willow Road has a vibrant bar scene plus a creative cocktail list and modern American cuisine. It’s a familiar formula, but this place is unique. Some dishes may not jump off the changing menu at first glance, like hunks of aged Cheddar served with grilled country bread—which comes with an optional addition of a bourbon shot with a pickleback chaser—but it’s surprisingly delightful. The slightly more refined-sounding artichoke fregola sarda is decadent and delicate at the same time, and a stuffed pumpkin topped with mushroom veloute tastes like a delicious bite of fall. Thanks to its ever-growing popularity and pseudo-trendy location, Willow Road’s bar is constantly buzzing, so prepare for loitering imbibers and loudness.Recommended Dishes
Aged cheddar, $8; artichoke fregula sarda, $18; mushroom pumpkin, $18; sticky toffee pudding, $8.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu