- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Great Desserts
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
On a quickly developing block of Tenth Avenue set just above the meatpacking district, Willow Road has a vibrant bar scene plus a creative cocktail list and modern American cuisine. It’s a familiar formula, but this place is unique. Some dishes may not jump off the changing menu at first glance, like hunks of aged Cheddar served with grilled country breadówhich comes with an optional addition of a bourbon shot with a pickleback chaseróbut it’s surprisingly delightful. The slightly more refined-sounding artichoke fregola sarda is decadent and delicate at the same time, and a stuffed pumpkin topped with mushroom veloute tastes like a delicious bite of fall. Thanks to its ever-growing popularity and pseudo-trendy location, Willow Road’s bar is constantly buzzing, so prepare for loitering imbibers and loudness.Recommended Dishes
Aged cheddar, $8; artichoke fregula sarda, $18; mushroom pumpkin, $18; sticky toffee pudding, $8.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages