- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Great Desserts
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
On a quickly developing block of Tenth Avenue set just above the meatpacking district, Willow Road has a vibrant bar scene plus a creative cocktail list and modern American cuisine. It’s a familiar formula, but this place is unique. Some dishes may not jump off the changing menu at first glance, like hunks of aged Cheddar served with grilled country bread—which comes with an optional addition of a bourbon shot with a pickleback chaser—but it’s surprisingly delightful. The slightly more refined-sounding artichoke fregola sarda is decadent and delicate at the same time, and a stuffed pumpkin topped with mushroom veloute tastes like a delicious bite of fall. Thanks to its ever-growing popularity and pseudo-trendy location, Willow Road’s bar is constantly buzzing, so prepare for loitering imbibers and loudness.Recommended Dishes
Aged cheddar, $8; artichoke fregula sarda, $18; mushroom pumpkin, $18; sticky toffee pudding, $8.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella