Wogie's Bar & Grill
Sun-Thu, 11:30am-2am; Fri-Sat, 11am-3am
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Houston St. to 23rd St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
Even though the kitchen at Wogie’s once served us a Philly cheesesteak without the cheese, we’re glad we gave them the benefit of the doubt. We’ve returned to chomp down authentic cheesesteaks, every one of them fairly oozing with Cheez Whiz. (If for some misguided reason you prefer American or provolone, they have those, too.) The cheesesteak has what aficionados call a good drip, the dream team of melted cheese mingled with beef-and-onion-tinged grease running off a soft roll like a leaky faucet. One of the two Philly expat brothers who run the joint used to manage bars for Rande Gerber, and as penance for all those $15 cocktails he once peddled, he now serves $3 drafts in a spartan room that looks like a frat bar built by monks.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu