Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 50th St.; C, E at 50th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Theater District
42nd St. to 53rd St., Fifth Ave. to Twelfth Ave.
Those who don’t relish mirrored walls and a cash register as design elements will be happier with a trip one block north to Wondee Siam’s comparatively luxurious offshoot. At either space, however, heat-seekers will not be cheated, because cooks at both establishments are adept with rich, coconut-milk-based curries strewn with basil; the tawny panang studded with pineapple chunks melds sweet tartness with a chili punch. Whether roasted and tossed into a fruity, savory salad, or fried crisp and layered with herbs and sliced peppers, deliciously fatty duck succeeds in many guises. And anyone who enjoys Indian samosas will be delighted with Wondee’s flaky curry puffs, stuffed with turmeric-stained chicken and sweet potato. Be sure to stop off at a bodega beforehand for a bottle of Singha to serve as your fire extinguisher.Recommended Dishes
Kraree puff, $5; ped kraw prow, $10.50
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella