Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 50th St.; C, E at 50th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Theater District
42nd St. to 53rd St., Fifth Ave. to Twelfth Ave.
Those who don’t relish mirrored walls and a cash register as design elements will be happier with a trip one block north to Wondee Siam’s comparatively luxurious offshoot. At either space, however, heat-seekers will not be cheated, because cooks at both establishments are adept with rich, coconut-milk-based curries strewn with basil; the tawny panang studded with pineapple chunks melds sweet tartness with a chili punch. Whether roasted and tossed into a fruity, savory salad, or fried crisp and layered with herbs and sliced peppers, deliciously fatty duck succeeds in many guises. And anyone who enjoys Indian samosas will be delighted with Wondee’s flaky curry puffs, stuffed with turmeric-stained chicken and sweet potato. Be sure to stop off at a bodega beforehand for a bottle of Singha to serve as your fire extinguisher.Recommended Dishes
Kraree puff, $5; ped kraw prow, $10.50
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s