Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 50th St.; C, E at 50th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Theater District
42nd St. to 53rd St., Fifth Ave. to Twelfth Ave.
Those who don’t relish mirrored walls and a cash register as design elements will be happier with a trip one block north to Wondee Siam’s comparatively luxurious offshoot. At either space, however, heat-seekers will not be cheated, because cooks at both establishments are adept with rich, coconut-milk-based curries strewn with basil; the tawny panang studded with pineapple chunks melds sweet tartness with a chili punch. Whether roasted and tossed into a fruity, savory salad, or fried crisp and layered with herbs and sliced peppers, deliciously fatty duck succeeds in many guises. And anyone who enjoys Indian samosas will be delighted with Wondee’s flaky curry puffs, stuffed with turmeric-stained chicken and sweet potato. Be sure to stop off at a bodega beforehand for a bottle of Singha to serve as your fire extinguisher.Recommended Dishes
Kraree puff, $5; ped kraw prow, $10.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu