Daily, 24 hours
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M, N, Q, R at 34th St.-Herald Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
27th St. to 37th St., Madison Ave. to Seventh Ave.
At this 24-hour barbecue joint that’s widely considered the best on the block, it’s good to snag a table near the front: Smoke from everyone else’s tabletop grill tends to get sucked towards exhaust vents in the back of the restaurant, and besides, it’s nice to look out of the floor-to-ceiling windows onto the neon-flashing view of 32nd Street’s Korean strip. Crispy scallion pancakes, surprisingly good sushi and DIY barbequed meat are the order of the day here, but just as important is what the food is washed down with: soju, and plenty of it. Among the varieties of this vodka-like spirit, you’ll find the most popular Korean brand Jinro which is as potent as it is sweet. A twelve-ounce bottle, delivered to the table accompanied by etched shot glasses, goes far in soothing the burn of kimchi.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s