Mon-Thu, noon-2:15pm and 5:30pm-10:15pm; Fri, noon-2:15pm and 5:30pm-11:15pm; Sat, 5:30pm-11:15pm; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Don’t let the long lines of cool kids fool you: Yama’s sushi is nothing to wait around for. There are better, cheaper, funkier raw-fish joints mere blocks away from this chainlet’s two locations. This is not to say Yama doesn’t give it a shot—the appetizer list includes some adventurous specials, but once you’re past the starters, you’re in a dead zone of teriyaki meals and boring sushi and sashimi arrangements, whose tasteless, oversize portions and reliance on artificial crab stick mean that even potentially creative maki rolls will inevitably disappoint.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu