The Yoghurt Place II
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at Spring St.
- Great Desserts
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Vea Kessissoglou doesn't make the phenomenally rich Greek-style yogurt she sells at her new Soho shop, the Yoghurt Place II, but she's got a reliable source: her parents in Queens. What they churn out at Kesso Foods in East Elmhurst bears no resemblance to the mass-produced, gelatinous stuff that crowds supermarket shelves, and is a spectacularly indulgent way to get your RDA of calcium—especially when it's adorned with your choice of toppings, from honey and walnuts to fig or apricot preserves, or blended into low-fat-yogurt fruit smoothies. Kessissoglou's chicken phyllo pies, crumbly Greek cookies, and two flavors of baklava come from the same parental purveyor.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s