The Yoghurt Place II
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at Spring St.
- Great Desserts
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Vea Kessissoglou doesn't make the phenomenally rich Greek-style yogurt she sells at her new Soho shop, the Yoghurt Place II, but she's got a reliable source: her parents in Queens. What they churn out at Kesso Foods in East Elmhurst bears no resemblance to the mass-produced, gelatinous stuff that crowds supermarket shelves, and is a spectacularly indulgent way to get your RDA of calcium—especially when it's adorned with your choice of toppings, from honey and walnuts to fig or apricot preserves, or blended into low-fat-yogurt fruit smoothies. Kessissoglou's chicken phyllo pies, crumbly Greek cookies, and two flavors of baklava come from the same parental purveyor.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu