- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
To a certain young, chirpy, calorie-counting segment of the population, life wouldn't be worth living without its purportedly healthy post-gym ice-cream alternatives. In celebration of this truism, and also the fact that Los Angeles and Pinkberry did not invent frozen yogurt, comes Yoláto, a New Jersey–based company with a proprietary yogurt supplier and big plans for expansion. As the name suggests, Yoláto is the gelato of frozen yogurts, or so the owners would have it, and its signature cool and tangy soft-serve is available plain or with the requisite fresh strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, blueberry, and blackberry toppings. (The shop also carries some 30 flavors of hand-scooped "yogurt-gelato.") "Some people are comparing us to Pinkberry," says partner Chris Solano, "and although they have a nice presentation, to me their yogurt's a little bland," not realizing he may be inciting an ugly East Coast–West Coast frozen-dairy-treat war.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s