- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Montrose Ave.
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- No Alcohol
Bushwick and East Williamsburg
This venue is closed.
Yummus Hummus is like an oasis in this otherwise sparse Bushwick neighborhood. Long-time residents James Lerits and Sean Biloski wanted to give their friends a place to hang out and eat well, so they built Yummus (out of reclaimed wood, no less). The all-vegetarian menu is made up of various plates, all permutations built around the smooth, rich, house-made hummus served warm add tahini, olives, pickles, feta, fresh pita, or fluffy baked falafel. Sides include a chopped salad of tomato, red onion, cucumber and feta, or a grapefruit and fennel sliver mix, both served with olive oil. The brunch menu, available all the time, expands the offerings to include chewy focaccia sandwiches and an intriguing, successful combination of baked eggs and falafel.Recommended Dishes
Baked bulb, $7.50
- Scientists âPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu