Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Singles Scene
- Teen Appeal
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
40th St. to 60th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
What passes for Mexican cooking in New York is a joke, though Zarela Martinez has never found it all that funny. So it's lucky for you that her fierce pride in her country's maligned cuisine is backed up by her fiery bravado in the kitchen. Taste her blazing poblanos rellenos, snapper hash, or her slow-cooked Oaxacan lamb, and you may suddenly have an urge to buy a great big Doberman pinscher on the outside chance that you might come across that Taco Bell chihuahua in a dark alley. Now, Zarela might find that funny.Prix-Fixe Lunch
Couples who have enjoyed romantic dinners at Zarela’s eponymous Mexican restaurant in midtown will appreciate the huitlacoche-crêpe casseroles, crab tostadas, and mango-mousse-filled cake she serves at weddings.
Tuna steak, $20; roasted duck, $21
Recipes at Zarela
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus