- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
Zen Palate is for when you’re feeling virtuous: The vegetarian fare is tasty and relentlessly healthy. There’s no bar—just tea, juices and soymilk for kicks. Particularly at the Union Square branch, the scene tends to be young and student-heavy, especially since the bounty here comes cheap. Much of the menu has familiar Asian staples such as noodle soup, spring rolls and steamed vegetables; some corners are hardcore veggie, (faux “ham” with low-cal conjex—whatever that is), or just plain strange (moo-shu Mexican style?). Whether you go out on a limb or not, it’s a reliable bet for simply prepared, tasty food.Recommended Dishes
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu