Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
This venue is closed.
Zen Palate is for when you’re feeling virtuous: The vegetarian fare is tasty and relentlessly healthy. There’s no bar—just tea, juices and soymilk for kicks. Particularly at the Union Square branch, the scene tends to be young and student-heavy, especially since the bounty here comes cheap. Much of the menu has familiar Asian staples such as noodle soup, spring rolls and steamed vegetables; some corners are hardcore veggie, (faux “ham” with low-cal conjex—whatever that is), or just plain strange (moo-shu Mexican style?). Whether you go out on a limb or not, it’s a reliable bet for simply prepared, tasty food.Recommended Dishes
Sweet yam fries, $3.95; eggplant zentastic, $9.50
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up