Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 42nd St.-Port Authority Bus Terminal
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Tea Time
30th St. to 90th St., Fifth Ave. to Twelfth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Zen Palate is for when you’re feeling virtuous: The vegetarian fare is tasty and relentlessly healthy. There’s no bar—just tea, juices and soymilk for kicks. The scene tends to be young and student-heavy, especially since the bounty here comes cheap. Much of the menu has familiar Asian staples such as noodle soup, spring rolls and steamed vegetables; some corners are hardcore veggie, or just plain strange (moo-shu Mexican style?). Whether you go out on a limb or not, it’s a reliable bet for simply prepared, tasty food.Recommended Dishes
Sweet yam fries, $5.50; eggplant zentastic, $10.75
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu