Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 42nd St.-Port Authority Bus Terminal
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Tea Time
30th St. to 90th St., Fifth Ave. to Twelfth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Zen Palate is for when you’re feeling virtuous: The vegetarian fare is tasty and relentlessly healthy. There’s no bar—just tea, juices and soymilk for kicks. The scene tends to be young and student-heavy, especially since the bounty here comes cheap. Much of the menu has familiar Asian staples such as noodle soup, spring rolls and steamed vegetables; some corners are hardcore veggie, or just plain strange (moo-shu Mexican style?). Whether you go out on a limb or not, it’s a reliable bet for simply prepared, tasty food.Recommended Dishes
Sweet yam fries, $5.50; eggplant zentastic, $10.75
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More