Mon-Wed, 11:30am-2:30pm and 5pm-10pm; Thu-Fri, 11:30am-2:30pm and 5pm-11pm; Sat, 5pm-11pm; Sun, noon-3pm and 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
Zengo might be the first restaurant to pair a mezzanine-level sake and shochu lounge with a basement-level tequila bar complete with its own tequila sommelier. In between these boozy retreats there is a dining room, featuring a menu by chef-owner Richard Sandoval, divided into sections like “Dim Sum & Antojitos” and “Ceviches & Tiraditos.” There are sushi rolls, too, and rice and noodle dishes—even a bánh mì for lunch. Jennie Wertz is the chef de cuisine, Sandoval’s crooner pal Plácido Domingo is a partner, and AvroKO designed the wrought-iron-screened, 170-seat space.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu