Nearby Subway Stops
7 at Fifth Ave.; 4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Live Music
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
35th St. to 42nd St., Lexington Ave. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
A refined, unpretentious bistro is probably among the last things you’d expect from an NFL running back, but it’s what Amos Zereoue delivers at his eponymous Murray Hill restaurant, where classic French fare and Côte D’Ivoire delicacies are served with equal aplomb. First-rate ingredients lead the way in the kitchen, as with mains like roasted chicken, the tender meat sealed in by bronze, crispy skin and matched with a caramel-colored au jus. Zereoue’s African heritage is reflected in specials like poisson braisé, a seared tilapia served whole and augmented with a hash of traditional spices akin to horseradish with fish sauce. The minimalist space is narrow, with a subtle Art Deco flair. Café tables topped by white tablecloths are nestled among African planters and iron wall sculptures. A final touch of atmosphere comes from the occasional jazz trio, nestled into a small window space up front.Happy hour
Discounted cocktails are served Mon.Fri., 5 p.m.7 p.m.Recommended Dishes
Tuna tartare, $10; poisson braisé, $26
- Scientists βPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu