- READER REVIEWS
Zibetto Espresso Bar
Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm; Sat, 9am-5pm; Sun, 10am-4pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F at 57th St.; B, D, E at Seventh Ave.; N, Q, R at 57th St.-Seventh Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
It takes nerve to open an espresso bar across the street from Starbucks—especially an inconspicuous nook without drip coffee, free wi-fi, or even seats. But Anastasio Nougos, who moved here from his native Sweden to open Zibetto, is relying on his readily apparent strengths: pulling and serving the hands-down best espresso drinks we've had in recent memory. Trained at Sosta in Stockholm and devoted to his craft, Nougos serves the Bologna-roasted house blend coffee in ceramic cups, each with a glass of ice water, at a stand-up white-tiled marble bar. Pressed panini, Italian sodas, wine, and mini pastries round out the menu, but Zibetto's draw is its exquisitely rich, smooth coffee, and Nougos's attention to detail. All baristas have at least four years of experience before being hired.
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight
- A Pastry Chef Claims San Francisco’s Museum of Modern Art Stole Her Cake Ideas
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint