- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
R at 86th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Great Desserts
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
90th St. to 75th St., Seventh Ave. to Shore Rd.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The brothers Giuffre opened Zio Toto on a red-sauce–saturated stretch in 2007 and quickly won a loyal following for their spot, which is named after their dad, Salvatore (whom everyone affectionately called Zio, Italian for “uncle”). Their charred, thin-crusted but still chewy brick-oven pizza rivals local and destination counterparts. Gamberoni alla Zio Toto and Pollo al Limone are the things a lemon-and-garlic lover’s dreams are made of, but the Penne alla Zio Toto, while perfectly al dente and tossed with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, erred on the side of too many onions. The restaurant’s most beloved dish, however, is also the simplest — a dessert pizza made with Nutella and very appropriately named Nutella Paradise.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’