New York Magazine

Skip to content, or skip to search.

Skip to content, or skip to search.

Home > Shopping > Scott Jordan Furniture

Scott Jordan Furniture

137 Varick St. , New York, NY 10013 40.725708 -74.005811
at Spring St.   See Map | Subway Directions Hopstop Popup
212-620-4682 Send to Phone

  • Reader Rating: Write a Review
  • Type: Specialty Shop
  • Products & Services: Bathroom Furniture, Furniture Repair, Hardware, Home Office Furniture, Kitchen Furniture, Lighting, Living Room Furniture, etc.

Share this listing

Official Website

scottjordan.com

Hours

Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm; Sun, noon-5pm

Nearby Subway Stops

C, E at Spring St.; 1 at Houston St.

Payment Methods

Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Product Guide

Home

  • Living Room Furniture
  • Kitchen Furniture
  • Home Office Furniture
  • Bathroom Furniture
  • Furniture Repair
  • Hardware
  • Lighting
  • Tableware
  • Shelving/Organizers

Profile

First opened on Atlantic Avenue in 1980, this Brooklyn transplant stays true to its roots: 60 percent of the furniture that occupies the sprawling, 7,000-square-foot Manhattan showroom is made at a workshop in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. The other 40 percent of the inventory comes from small producers in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Amish communities. Occupying two floors of a 100-year-old loft building, Scott Jordan Furniture is filled with pieces made from solid hardwoods (cherry, walnut, maple) harvested from sustainable U.S. Eastern forests and finished with plant oils and waxes with a low content of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), and no formaldehyde emissions. Translation: Scott Jordan has been creating “green furniture” since before it became the trendy thing to do. His recommendation? Try the Berkeley Ergonomics mattress—it’s the only one on the market that is completely free of chemical additives.

Advertisement
Advertising