Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 6:20PM Check Out the ‘eCarriages’ That Could Replace NYC Horses, Someday
- 6:09PM Woman Says That Ex-NYPD Boss Repeatedly Assaulted Her at Bronx Hospital
- 6:09PM The Secret Service Wouldn’t Hesitate to Assassinate Mr. Met
- 5:29PM Obama Declares Obamacare Victory
- 5:22PM Whoopi Goldberg Really Loves Smoking Weed From a Vape Pen
- 4:34PM Chelsea Clinton Is Pregnant!
- 4:23PM NYPD Evicts Homeless Man Living in the Manhattan Bridge
- 3:32PM Video of Guy Screaming and Refusing to Leave Subway Tracks As Train Approaches Is Terrifying [Updated]
- 3:30PM Everything We Know So Far About the Flyers in Ukraine Demanding Jews ‘Register’ Their Families and Property
- 2:47PM ‘Drop Dead, Man!’: When Bill O’Reilly Attacks
- 2:30PM South Korean Ferry Survivors Say Evacuation Orders Came Too Late
- 1:03PM Michael Alig Is Getting Out of Jail