Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 7:08PM 12-Year-Old Boy Carrying Toy Gun Shot to Death by Police Officer
- 5:55PM Nevada State Assembly Won't Be Run by a Racist, Sexist Homophobe After All
- 4:45PM Rudy Giuliani: Forget About Mike Brown, Let's Talk About Black-on-Black Crime
- 2:55PM Brooklyn Man Accidentally Shoots Baby Daughter
- 12:50PM Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry Dies at 78
- 8:00AM ISIS Now Has a Network of Military Affiliates in 11 Countries Around the World
- 7:05PM Newspaper Sorry for Suggesting That Undocumented Immigrants Are Going to Destroy White People’s Thanksgiving
- 5:30PM University of Virginia Suspends All Frats After Disturbing Sexual Assault Story
- 4:42PM Hit-and-Run Driver Made Sure to Grab McDonald’s Before Fleeing Scene
- 2:45PM Grand Jury’s Decision on Darren Wilson Is Coming Soon, But Not Yet [Updated]
- 11:30AM Republican-Led Committee Fails to Uncover Benghazi Conspiracy
- 5:29PM President Obama Is One of Two Americans Still Using a BlackBerry