Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 5:36PM Probably Fake ISIS Propaganda Is Everything Rick Perry Warned Us About
- 5:21PM Loose Money Flies Onto Highway; Drivers Too Busy Grabbing It to Instagram, Drive
- 4:39PM The Satanic Temple Has a Cute and Cuddly New Coloring Book
- 3:32PM 2 Skulls Found in Dead Connecticut Man’s Creepy Trash
- 3:27PM Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic SpaceShipTwo Crashes During Test Flight
- 3:07PM NYPD Chief Resigns Ahead of Promotion to No. 2
- 1:48PM Kaci Hickox Is Free to Bike All Around Maine If She Wants, Still Doesn’t Have Ebola
- 1:08PM Malaysia Airlines Hit With First MH370 Lawsuit
- 12:30PM Angry Crowd Greets Beat-Up Eric Frein Outside of Pennsylvania Court
- 11:40AM Gas Deal Means Ukraine Won’t Freeze This Winter
- 11:36AM 8 Actually Good Things That Happened This Week
- 11:01AM There’s Only One Thing at Stake in the Senate Race