Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 2:44AM Ben Carson Tries to Top Himself, Blames Holocaust on Gun Control
- 2:06AM More Clues that Joe Biden Is Definitely, Maybe Running for President
- 12:26AM How the Right Is Reacting to the House Leadership Crisis
- 6:40PM Who’s Going to Be the Next House Speaker?
- 6:31PM Donald Trump Has at Least One Very Enthusiastic Hispanic Supporter
- 4:56PM Weird Accessories Are Fine; Grabbing Women Is Not
- 4:55PM Republicans Are Calling Their Party a ‘Banana Republic.’ It's More Like a Failed State.
- 4:15PM Republicans Scramble to Find Anyone (Qualified) Who Wants to Be House Speaker
- 3:40PM Will Democrats Elect the Next GOP Speaker?
- 3:29PM Pluto Has Water, Too (of Course, It’s Frozen)
- 1:22PM American Who Foiled French Train Attack Injured in Stabbing
- 12:16PM Oklahoma Reportedly Used Wrong Drug in Execution Where Inmate Yelled, ‘My Body Is on Fire’