Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 2:20PM Obama Finalizes Sweeping Climate Change Plan
- 11:03PM Inside the Draft Biden Movement
- 4:52PM Report: Biden Actively Exploring a Presidential Run
- 3:25PM Bin Laden Family Members Killed in Mysterious Plane Crash
- 2:07PM It’s Really, Really Hot in Iran
- 12:26PM D.A.R.E. Published an Op-Ed Calling for Marijuana Legalization [Updated]
- 6:10PM Hillary Clinton Emails Staffer to Ask for Book Subtitled Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better
- 5:20PM The Mets Acquire Outfielder Yoenis Cespedes at the Trade Deadline, Bolster Their Pitiful Offense
- 4:50PM Let’s Remember the Former Georgia Congressman Who Killed and Ate a Lion
- 3:38PM Police Catch Man Suspected of Taking Bag of Money ATM Workers Accidentally Left Behind
- 1:59PM Yankees’ Hurler Taken to Hospital After Pitching in 101 Degree Heat
- 10:54AM Even If That Debris Is From MH370, They Still Might Never Find That Plane