Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 10:05PM Here Are All 6 of Mo’ne Davis’s Strikeouts From Wednesday Night
- 7:10PM Graphic Video Shows St. Louis Police Shoot and Kill Kajieme Powell Near Ferguson
- 6:20PM NYPD Accused of Covering Up Pedestrian Death by Cop Car
- 4:56PM White House Tech Team Will Be Allowed to Continue Dressing Like Total Slobs
- 4:40PM Bill Kristol Demands War, Has Not Been Informed It’s Already Happening
- 4:25PM Pearlstine on Time Inc. Spreadsheet-gate: ‘Not a Big Deal’
- 4:05PM Behind the Best Pictures From Ferguson, With Getty Photographer Scott Olson
- 3:44PM ‘Youngsters Love Rand Paul’ Is a Fake Trend
- 3:41PM Family of Hamas Military Leader Killed by Israeli Strike
- 3:08PM Michael Brown’s Parents Will Attend Staten Island Rally for Eric Garner
- 2:40PM Candidate Uber
- 2:23PM Financial Firm PIMCO’s New York Office Is Reportedly Besieged by Bedbugs (Updated)