Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 12:53PM New Jersey Man Caught Pushing ‘Ebola’-Branded Heroin
- 12:47PM Small-Scale Attacks by Self-Radicalized Terrorists Are the New Normal
- 12:10PM Little Kid Happily Makes New Home Inside Toy Claw-Machine
- 11:23AM Justice Department Not at All Pleased With Michael Brown Leaks
- 10:33AM Guy Throws Hissy Fit After Anderson Cooper Refuses to Take a Selfie With Him During Ottawa Shooting Coverage
- 10:00AM School Board Says Guns in Senior Portraits Are Totally Chill As Long As They’re ‘Tasteful’
- 9:42AM North Korea Using Ebola Panic to Ban Tourists
- 9:12AM Cop Mistakes Another Officer for a Suspect, So He Kicks Him in the Head
- 8:00AM Republican Governors Just Might Save the Democratic Senate
- 3:50AM Lost Sheep Takes a Stroll on Metro-North Tracks
- 3:25AM What We Know About the Canada Parliament Shooter
- 1:26AM Ebola Death Toll May Actually Be 15,000, Not 5,000