Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 11:24PM Biden Says He Still Doesn’t Know If He Has the ‘Emotional Energy’ to Run in 2016
- 9:19PM How Trump Outmaneuvered the GOP Again
- 6:26PM Rick Perry Reveals That He Doesn’t Know How Clocks Work and That He’s Staying in the 2016 Race
- 6:16PM Two Topless Women Are Assaulted, Another Is Arrested in Times Square
- 4:29PM Kentucky County Clerk Who Refused to Issue Marriage Licenses Sent to Jail [Updated]
- 2:56PM French Authorities Say Flaperon Definitely Belongs to Missing Malaysian Airlines Jet MH370
- 2:50PM South Carolina Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty in Charleston Church Shooting Case
- 2:14PM Trump Stops Terrorizing GOP With Threat of Independent Run [Updated]
- 11:38AM Federal Judge Says Tom Brady Doesn’t Have to Sit Out 4 Games
- 11:31AM Turkey Reportedly Releases Vice Journalists Arrested Earlier This Week
- 11:02AM This Summer Was the Safest New York Has Seen in Decades, NYPD Says
- 10:21AM China Reminds the World Its Military Is Bigger Than It Was 70 Years Ago With Giant Parade