Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 5:27PM NYU Arsonist's Lawyer Suggests That Victim Was So Drunk That She 'Participated' in Being Set on Fire
- 3:59PM 12-Year-Old Girl Managed to Call 911 After Her Father Shot Her in the Head
- 1:35PM ISIS Reportedly Executes Japanese Hostage
- 10:44AM Colorado Teen Who Tried to Join ISIS Gets 4 Year Sentence
- 5:05PM City Council Wants Doctors at Youth Sports Games
- 4:16PM Brooklyn Teen Arrested for Emoji-Laden Threats Against NYPD
- 2:54PM Saudi King Abdullah Was Apparently a Big Fan of Viagra
- 12:49PM Glenn Beck Wants to School the Pope on the Free Market
- 12:13PM Sheldon Silver’s Arrest Is Huge, But Preet Bharara Is Waging an Even Bigger Case
- 10:19AM Bronx Woman Sues City After Getting Arrested for Calling 311
- 9:56AM Aurora Shooting Victim Sells Pellet She Was Shot With Online
- 9:04AM One World Trade Center Fire Alarm Goes Off After Bon Appétit Staffers Burn Sage