Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 1:00PM Everyone Loves This Emotional Monica Lewinsky Speech on Sexism and Cyberbullying
- 12:41PM Tut Ugly
- 11:59AM Scientists Stumble Upon a Horrifying Spider the Size of a Puppy
- 11:46AM NYC Knows You’re a Selfish Asshole
- 11:41AM New York Competition No. 33: My Favorite Band's Getting Old
- 11:33AM Massive Explosion in Ukraine Said to Be Donetsk Chemical Factory
- 10:26AM Creep-Tastic Tennessee Politician Busy Stalking Neighbors, Drinking on Their Lawns
- 9:59AM Woman Gets Stuck in Chimney While Trying to Enter Her Online Date’s Home
- 9:38AM Woman Marries Badass Cyborg
- 9:20AM Scientists Also Lying About Ebola, Explains George F. Will
- 9:20AM Brazen Graffiti Artist Hits Jeff Koons Show Without Ruining the Art
- 3:42AM U.S. Air-Drops Weapons to Kurds Defending Kobani