Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 11:42AM Endangered Gorilla Shot and Killed After Boy Climbs Into Zoo Enclosure
- 7:17PM Sanders Campaign Tries to Oust Two DNC Committee Chairs, Setting up Possible Convention Fight
- 4:14PM Report: Trump Campaign Low on Funds Until GOP Foots the Bill
- 1:16PM Trump Backs out of Debate With Bernie Sanders Because Its 'Inappropriate' to Debate Losers
- 11:27AM World War II Fighter Plane Crashes Into Hudson River, Killing Pilot
- 10:06AM Bernie and Hillary Are Ending California's Candidate Drought
- 4:29PM The Wall Street Journal Staff Told to Be ‘Fair’ to Mendacious Demagogue Because ‘Serious People’ Support Him
- 3:34PM The Good News Is That Donald Trump’s Campaign Is an Absolute Strategic and Managerial Garbage Fire
- 1:59PM Marco Rubio Flips, Then Flops, Then Flips Again
- 1:46PM 96-Year-Old Dr. Heimlich Put His Maneuver to Use on a Fellow Resident at His Retirement Home
- 12:12PM Hot, Humid, and Pop-up Showers: Here’s What Your Memorial Day Weekend Weather Will Be Like
- 11:33AM In Hiroshima, President Obama Calls for ‘Moral Revolution’ to End Threat of Nuclear War