Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 3:36PM U.S. Sanctions Iran Over Continued Nuclear Fears
- 3:35PM Time Warner Pulls Out of Vice Negotiations; A&E Steps In
- 3:18PM You Can Go to the 9/11 Memorial Plaza on 9/11 This Year
- 3:17PM Eternally Outraged Congressman Not Trying to Be ‘Trivial,’ But Doesn’t Think Obama’s Tan Suit Was Appropriate
- 2:43PM Warren Buffett, Breaking Bad Superfan, Got a Very Detailed Walter White Birthday Cake
- 1:30PM ISIS Laptop Shows Plans for Biological Attacks
- 12:28PM Ebola Outbreak Spreads to Senegal
- 12:26PM Officer ‘Go F*ck Yourself’ Out of a Job After Pointing Gun at Ferguson Protesters
- 10:57AM Chelsea Clinton Leaving Her Unbelievably Cushy Fake Job at NBC
- 10:54AM Here’s Video Proof It’s Truly End Times
- 10:10AM Dennis Kucinich’s Burning Man Name Is ‘Charge’
- 10:04AM Putin Compares Ukraine to Nazi Germany, Doesn’t Understand Why Everyone Is Mad at Russia