Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 11:40AM Hipster Uses Gonorrhea-Laced Gowanus Water for Ice-Bucket Challenge
- 11:22AM Israeli Strikes Kill 3 Hamas Leaders As Military Wing Takes Responsibility for Kidnappings
- 11:20AM How Obamacare Violates the Conservative Cleanliness Fetish
- 10:20AM Is This White Woman at the Ferguson Protests With a Misspelled Sign a Performance Artist?
- 9:45AM American Doctor Infected With Ebola Has Recovered, Will Be Released From Emory Hospital Today
- 9:35AM Why Beheading Videos Are Back With ISIS, and Why They Went Away
- 9:22AM 84-Year-Old Jaywalking Outlaw Roughed Up by Cops Is About to Be Rich
- 4:15AM Wednesday Was a ‘Very Good Night’ in Ferguson
- 2:58AM Protesters Fly Giant Palestinian Flag Off Manhattan Bridge
- 2:07AM The U.S. Government Is Still Obsessing About Beyoncé and Jay Z’s Cuba Trip
- 11:41PM U.S. Forces Tried to Rescue Slain Journalist James Foley, Other ISIS Hostages
- 10:05PM Here Are All 6 of Mo’ne Davis’s Strikeouts From Wednesday Night