Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 1:17PM New York Rat Complaints Surge
- 11:58AM Satanists Reject John Boehner's Conflation of Ted Cruz and Lucifer
- 4:06AM What You Missed At Obama’s Mic-Drop White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 5:01PM Michael Bloomberg Tells College Graduates to Go Defeat Demagogues Like Trump and Sanders
- 3:04PM Kenya Lights the Largest Ivory Bonfire in History
- 12:15PM Protesters Breach Green Zone and Storm Parliament in Baghdad
- 5:54PM Protesters Clash With Police, Block Trump’s Motorcade Outside California GOP Convention
- 5:40PM These Pigeons Are Lighting Up the Brooklyn Night Sky
- 5:34PM United States Confirms Its First Zika Death
- 5:16PM An English Soccer Team Is on the Verge of One of the Most Improbable Championships Ever
- 5:07PM In the Shallow End of the (High-Risk) Pool
- 3:46PM ‘What’s Delegate Allocation vs. Delegate Selection?’: A GOP Nomination-Process Guru Answers All