Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 11:50PM Judge Trump Called a 'Hater' Orders Documents Released in Trump University Lawsuit
- 9:58PM Trump, Clinton Could Post Record Numbers With Opposite Corners of White America
- 9:00PM Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Was Never Going to Be Easy. But Did It Have to Get This Hard?
- 5:30PM Most Voters Feel ‘Helpless’ About This Year’s Election, According to New Poll
- 4:21PM Eric Holder Admits Edward Snowden’s Leaks Were a ‘Public Service’
- 6:12PM Sanders Admits the Nomination Isn’t Rigged, But Superdelegates Should Swing It
- 5:10PM Gary Johnson Wins the Libertarian Party’s Presidential Nomination
- 11:42AM Endangered Gorilla Shot and Killed After Boy Climbs Into Zoo Enclosure
- 7:17PM Sanders Campaign Tries to Oust Two DNC Committee Chairs, Setting Up Possible Convention Fight
- 4:14PM Report: Trump Campaign Low on Funds Until GOP Foots the Bill
- 1:16PM Trump Backs Out of Debate With Bernie Sanders Because It’s ‘Inappropriate’ to Debate Losers
- 11:27AM World War II Fighter Plane Crashes Into Hudson River, Killing Pilot