Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 12:00PM Earthquake in Nepal Kills More Than 2,500 [Updated]
- 10:53AM White House Correspondents' Dinner: Even Mike Huckabee Staffers Appreciate Modern Family
- 12:00AM What You Missed at the 2015 White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- 5:08PM White House Correspondents’ Dinner: Tara Lipinski Is Prepared for Anything
- 4:32PM Investigation Confirms That Brian Williams Told Many Lies
- 2:18PM NYPD Ruins Coyote’s Battery Park City Jog
- 11:51AM White House Correspondents’ Dinner Attendees Love Doug Stamper
- 5:19PM 8 Actually Good Things That Happened This Week
- 5:10PM Eric Holder Has Become a ‘Black Political Superhero’
- 3:58PM Why Is Freddie Gray Dead?
- 3:43PM Accused Rapist in Columbia ‘Mattress Girl’ Case Sues University
- 3:11PM Eric Holder: ‘I Think We Can Officially Say Now That Eric Holder Is Free’