Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 9:52AM Nearly a Dozen Americans Are Fighting for ISIS
- 9:20AM Portraits of Ferguson’s Most Tenacious Protesters
- 9:03AM Drug-Dealing Charges Dropped Against Philip Seymour Hoffman Scapegoat
- 3:25AM Second Flight Diverted This Week Due to Fight Over Seat Recline
- 2:50AM Missouri Police Sued for $40 Million Over Ferguson Protests
- 1:05AM Teens Literally Caught Red-Handed While Vandalizing Civil War Memorial
- 12:10AM Google Reveals It’s Building a Fleet of Drones, Too
- 6:02PM 1 Shot Killed Arizona Shooting Instructor
- 5:47PM ISIS’s Brutal Treatment of Prisoners Includes Waterboarding, Sex Slavery
- 5:38PM Utah Governor Not Pleased With Anti-Polygamy Decision in Sister Wives Case
- 4:44PM Obama Shows Off Sad Beige Suit for Summer
- 4:37PM The Race To Make Hillary Clinton More Liberal Is On