Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 5:44AM Scenes from Flood Wall Street, Occupy’s ‘Family Reunion’
- 1:54AM Cheating Congressman Declares He’s Blessed to Have a ‘Wonderful Christian Wife’
- 12:53AM Politico Picks a Name for Chelsea Clinton’s Baby
- 11:10PM U.S. and Allies Begin Airstrikes Against ISIS in Syria [Updated]
- 6:00PM White House Intruder Had 800 Rounds of Ammo, Was Previously Arrested With a Sawed-Off Shotgun and Map to the White House
- 5:24PM NYPD Clashes With Protesters on Wall Street
- 4:48PM 3 Missing Afghan Soldiers Found Trying to Cross Into Canada
- 4:27PM Some Americans Who Joined ISIS Decided It Was Probably Time to Come Home
- 4:03PM How Fox News Is Covering the Climate Change March
- 2:55PM Man With ‘Live Free’ Knuckle Tattoo Trapped in His Own Orgasm Prison
- 1:57PM Woman Hit by Bike in Central Park Dies
- 12:49PM ISIS-Themed Israeli Gay Party Uses Beheading Images for Promo