Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 5:38PM Fox News Is Now the Most Watched Cable Network
- 5:36PM Awful #JSIL Campaign Likens Israel to ISIS
- 5:04PM First Ebola Case Diagnosed in the United States
- 4:50PM Hong Kong Protests Are a U.S. Conspiracy Plot, Says Russia
- 3:53PM Thailand Wants to Tag Tourists With I.D. Bracelets
- 2:35PM New York Wants to Import Medical Marijuana (for Now)
- 2:29PM Brooklyn Teacher Busted for Snapchatting Student Now Accused of Abusing 6 Other Girls
- 2:18PM Jared Leto’s Hair Is Reddit’s Newest Investor
- 1:47PM Mitt Romney Figures Out How Secret Recordings Work
- 1:18PM Secret Service Director Says White House Door Now Locks Automatically — After Guy With Knife Barreled Through It — During Congressional Grilling
- 12:37PM Woman Arrested for DUI Just Wanted Some Pizza
- 12:31PM Behind the Michigan Football Concussion Disaster