Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 2:06AM Watch Asiana Flight 214's Crash in Horrifying New Detail
- 1:46AM Luxury Car-Theft Ring Did Things the Easy, High-Tech Way
- 1:43AM Biden Will Answer Any Immigration Question (From People Approved by the White House)
- 12:38AM Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 11:57PM Baruch Fraternity Pledge Game Leads to Student's Death
- 11:51PM AP Photojournalist Blasts Obama for 'Orwellian' Restrictions
- 10:25PM George W. Bush Feels Alabama Kicker's Pain
- 5:50PM Brooklyn Burglar Twerks for an Hour Outside Apartment First
- 5:40PM It’s Like Taking Earrings From a Baby ...
- 5:10PM The FDNY Mailed a Bill to ‘Unknown Asian’
- 5:05PM Why Republicans Keep Their Technical Tax Virginity
- 5:00PM George Zimmerman Gets Off Again