Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 11:56PM FBI Probes Security of Hillary Clinton’s Private Email Server
- 6:17PM Does Hillary Have a Women Problem?
- 6:16PM Fox News Announces Thursday’s Prime-time Debate Lineup
- 5:15PM Scientists Screw Up Study About Bubonic Plague, Anthrax Traces on Subway
- 5:08PM Montauk Resident Hopes to Rally 1,000 for Battle Against Manhattan
- 2:40PM Bees Try to Steal Bike; NYPD Responds
- 1:25PM Fake Cop Pulled Over for Pulling Over Real Cop
- 12:51PM Sandra Bland’s Family Reportedly Filing Federal Lawsuit
- 12:30PM Donald Trump, Affect, and the Conservative Mind
- 11:39AM Giant Sinkhole Opens Up in Brooklyn
- 11:35AM MH370: What the Wing Flap Tells Us and What It Doesn’t
- 11:14AM N.Y. Will Approve Your BADCUOMO License Plate — But Not Your GOVERNOR One