Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 5:03PM South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag
- 4:53PM South Carolina Lawmaker Manages to Work Same-Sex Marriage Rant Into Confederate Flag Debate
- 4:16PM Scott Walker’s Family Thinks He’s Wrong on Same-Sex Marriage
- 3:15PM Greece’s Leather-Clad Finance Minister Resigns
- 12:39PM Mexicans Pummel Piñatas of New National Villain Donald Trump
- 10:40AM Brooklyn’s Oldest Person Is Also the World’s Oldest Person
- 10:37AM The Best Celebration Photos From Last Night’s U.S. Women’s World Cup Win
- 9:44AM Florida Man Who’s Also a Star Player for the New York Giants Injures Hand With Fireworks
- 5:25AM The Absolute Moron’s Guide to the Greek Debt Crisis
- 3:41AM Relive the Most Glorious Moments From Team USA’s World Cup Final Win
- 2:51AM Months After Campaign Launch, Hillary Will Start Talking to the Press
- 1:56AM Greek Voters Overwhelmingly Reject Bailout Terms