Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 8:54AM Video Shows NYPD Officer Punching Boy During Arrest
- 8:48AM #Gamergate Is Reportedly Being Investigated by the FBI
- 3:00AM Texas Cop Demands to Know Why a Man Isn’t Supposed to Hit a ‘Whore’
- 1:32AM Another Protester Charged in Clash With NYPD Officers
- 12:13AM Lawsuit Filed by Nebraska and Oklahoma Seeks to Harsh Colorado’s Mellow
- 6:45PM Executed 14-Year-Old Cleared After 70 Years
- 6:02PM Lucky Strikes Take Out 3 Top ISIS Leaders
- 5:45PM These 5 American Fugitives Are Hiding in Cuba
- 5:28PM Man’s Body Found Two Days After He Jumped From a Times Square Balcony
- 5:05PM Judge Who Oversaw Garner Case Recuses Himself From Proceedings About Grand Jury Transcripts
- 5:01PM Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer and the Glass Cliff
- 4:51PM Slender Man Stabbing Suspects Ruled Fit to Stand Trial