Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 2:26AM Bad Neighbors Distributed Islamophobic Flyers in a Bensonhurst Apartment Complex
- 12:50AM A Water Main Break Flooded UCLA
- 11:22PM Martha Stewart Loves Her Drones
- 5:38PM Mayor de Blasio Happy to Discuss the Bathroom Situation at Gracie Mansion
- 5:15PM Stephen A. Smith Suspended for Half As Long As Ray Rice Over Domestic Violence Comments
- 4:37PM Rikers Island Guards Charged With Providing Inmates With Painkillers and Cocaine
- 3:26PM Impeachment Mania Is Sweeping Both Parties
- 3:05PM Plagiarizing Wikipedia Is Still Plagiarism, at BuzzFeed or the New York Times
- 3:00PM Bronx Man May Have Been Killed While ‘Elevator Surfing’
- 2:28PM ‘There’s a Lot of Women Giving Birth Here Every Day’: Inside the Maternity Ward of Gaza’s Largest Hospital
- 1:35PM George Zimmerman Now Guards a Gun and Motorcycle Store, for Free
- 12:46PM Why I Have Become Less Pro-Israel