Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 4:00PM The de Blasios Did Their Goofy Family Dance Again
- 3:55PM The Celebrity Nude Photo Leak Is Just Another Form of Online Harassment of Women
- 2:47PM It's Time For Your End of Summer Bedbug Update
- 12:40PM Rick Perry Says He Didn't Mean to Tweet About How His Political Enemy Is 'the Most Drunk Democrat in Texas'
- 5:30PM Ted Cruz Just Lost the Bronx
- 4:08PM Fancy Upper West Side Building Won't Let Dogs Put Their Sweet Little Paws on the Floor of the Lobby
- 2:30PM Libyan Militants Really Enjoying the Pool at the American Embassy in Tripoli
- 11:23AM Unhinged St. Louis Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon Retires With Full Benefits
- 9:56AM 8 NFL Story Lines We Won’t Be Able to Turn Away From This Season
- 5:01PM Michael Sam Cut From the St. Louis Rams
- 3:26PM Nice Doggy Probably Didn’t Mean to Set the House on Fire
- 2:41PM Russian Tourist Who Climbed the Brooklyn Bridge Might Have to Clean It