Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 11:45PM Republicans Hope to Give Marco Rubio His Dream Opponent in Florida Senate Race
- 10:19PM Tesla Under Investigation After Fatal Crash Is Linked to Self-Driving System
- 9:41PM Liberals Need to Stop Writing Off Non-College Educated Workers – Before the White Working Class Writes Off Liberals
- 6:28PM The House Will Vote on Gun Legislation Next Week, But It’s Probably Not What the Democrats Were Hoping For
- 6:13PM Planned Parenthood Is Going After Restrictive Abortion Laws in Eight Other States
- 5:23PM What We Know So Far About the Istanbul Airport Attackers
- 5:13PM Trump Subtracts 3 From 5 and Gets 1 in Reaction to SCOTUS Abortion Decision
- 3:57PM Think America’s Primary System Is Too Closed? Look at Britain’s
- 3:21PM Obama Chooses the Architects for His Library, and They’re As No-Drama As He Is
- 2:46PM Reports: Trump Vetting Chris Christie for VP/White House Butler
- 2:14PM The ‘Dump Trump’ Effort Needs a Miracle
- 12:48PM Sorry, Obama: Donald Trump Is a Populist, and You’re Not