Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 8:00AM What to Watch for in Super Bowl XLIX
- 5:07PM De Blasio Should Never Have Been Allowed to Hold That Poor Groundhog in the First Place
- 4:23PM ISIS Appears to Have Executed Japanese Journalist
- 2:31PM Ramarley Graham’s Family Receives $3.9 Million Settlement
- 12:05PM FDNY Fighting Massive Fire in Williamsburg [Updated]
- 6:03PM Jeb Bush Totally Smoked Weed at Andover
- 4:43PM 8 Actually Good Things That Happened This Week
- 4:17PM New York Ebola Doc Thinks the City Overreacted
- 3:12PM The U.S. Dollar Has Become a Luxury Item — Is That Necessarily a Good Thing?
- 2:32PM Man Completely Shocked Nobody Will Pay to Have Sex With Him
- 2:31PM This Is How You Spot a Jihadist (According to France)
- 1:54PM A Guide to the Controversies of Super Bowl XLIX