Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 8:00AM Explaining Ben Shapiro’s Messy, Ethnic-Slur-Laden Breakup With Breitbart
- 4:30AM Several Arrests Made After Protesters Clash With Police at Anaheim Trump Rally
- 3:18AM Fresh Intelligence: South Carolina Signs Restrictive Abortion Bill Into Law, While 11 Other States Sue the White House
- 1:30AM 11 States Sue Obama Administration Over Guidelines Protecting Transgender Students
- 5:38PM Bernie’s Independent Voters Are Very Likely to Cast Ballots for HRC in the End
- 4:41PM Audit: Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Private Email Server Violated Federal Rules
- 3:38PM Rep. Scott DesJarlais Is One of Trump’s Biggest Boosters in Congress. He’s Also a Total Piece of Work.
- 12:38PM Picking Elizabeth Warren As Veep Probably Wouldn’t Cost Democrats a Senate Seat
- 12:23PM Donald Trump Is Underwater With the All-Important ‘Writers of Literary Fiction’ Demographic
- 11:18AM A Libertarian Candidate Is Blowing Up in the Polls and Could Figure Big in November
- 10:57AM Donald Trump Suggests America’s First Latina Governor Is Too Lazy to ‘Do the Job’
- 8:32AM Why Is Hillary Clinton Suddenly Tied in the Polls With a Widely Reviled Demagogue?