Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 2:34PM Turing Pharmaceuticals Was Actually Kidding About Reducing Price of Drug
- 2:11PM Obama Tells Americans to Chill Out and Enjoy Thanksgiving
- 12:39PM Walmart’s Black Friday Spies
- 12:36PM Terrorism in the Age of Trump
- 12:13PM Military Releases 3,000-Page Explanation of Why Kunduz Hospital Was Bombed
- 12:11PM De Blasio and Cuomo Are Super Thankful for Each Other This Year
- 12:06PM Is Donald Trump a Fascist?
- 11:50AM Drunk Russian Sailor Crashes Massive Cargo Ship at Full Speed
- 10:37AM Football Fan Gets Back at Cops Who Ejected Him From a Game by Sending Them Doughnuts
- 10:12AM Russia Readies Missile Systems in Syria But Does ‘Not Plan to Go to War With Turkey’
- 10:10AM Trump Debuts First Recruit in His 2016 Clone Army
- 10:09AM 5 Amazing Stats From the Warriors’ Historic 16-0 Start