Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 3:26AM House Approves Obama’s Plan to Arm Syrian Rebels, Still Doesn’t Like It
- 2:26AM iOS 8’s One More Thing: It Prevents Apple from Complying With Search Warrants
- 12:22AM Maureen Dowd Doesn’t Mind Being Edible Pot's Literal Poster Girl
- 11:24PM Arizona Cardinals’ Jonathan Dwyer Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges
- 6:22PM Rob Ford Has Cancer
- 6:01PM Is Scotland About to Break Away From Britain?
- 5:57PM Hide Your Kids: Enterovirus D68 Is in NYC
- 5:04PM Horny Old Racist Has Shockingly Disgusting Excuse for Posting Porn in His Window
- 3:57PM Fresh Off of Saying ‘Shylock,’ Joe Biden Calls Asia the ‘Orient’ and Throws in Stereotype for Good Measure
- 3:32PM Iranian Leader: ISIS Wants to ‘Kill Humanity’
- 3:12PM Darren Wilson Testified for 4 Hours in Front of Michael Brown Grand Jury
- 1:27PM Olive Garden Has Middle-Class Problems