Director Spike Jonze has made the weirdest, most timely romance of the year—in which Joaquin Phoenix’s character falls in love with an operating system. And, as with so many love stories, the making of the movie was equal parts turbulence and passion.
On the eve of a new Supreme Court session, the firebrand justice discusses gay rights, media echo chambers, and how much he cares about his intellectual legacy (“I don’t”).
Is there such a thing? Just ask your children.
The National Interest
Washington couldn’t have gone dark without a radicalized Republican Party. Or maybe it was destined to all along.
Mayor Bloomberg says it is. But he's going to need some better evidence.
A-Rod’s juicy lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Real Estate & Neighborhoods
Exit, Bear Stearns. Enter, Grumpy Cat.
They may have missed the playoffs, but the richest sports franchise in America won’t be down for long.
Developers rush to build before the next mayor ruins the fun.
- 6:23PM TSA Agent Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault at La Guardia
- 3:40PM Authorities Haven’t Found Origin of ‘God Awful’ Smell in Staten Island
- 1:58PM What We Know About the Live-TV Shooting in Virginia [Updated]
- 12:30PM Florida Declares State of Emergency As Tropical Storm Erika Approaches
- 11:31AM Teen Who Ran Pro-ISIS Twitter Account Gets 11 Years in Federal Prison
- 10:33AM Savannah State University Student Dead After Campus Shooting
- 9:57AM 71 Bodies Recovered From Abandoned Truck; Up to 200 Feared Dead After Migrant Ship Sinks
- 9:18AM Ted Cruz Is the Only GOP Candidate Who Knows How to Handle Donald Trump
- 9:13AM About That Airplane Part That Was Supposed to Solve the MH370 Mystery ...
- 4:13AM Can Hillary Clinton Move Past Emailgate?
- 11:23PM Jeb Bush Wins Eric Cantor Endorsement; Donald Trump Remains Unimpressed
- 9:56PM John Boehner Is Glad ‘That Jackass’ Ted Cruz Is Out of His Hair