Why do you love New York? That’s the simple question we posed on nymag.com earlier this month, and hundreds of you responded. Plus: 68 more reader reasons we couldn't fit in the magazine.
The Met is not only the finest encyclopedic museum of art in the United States; it is arguably the finest anywhere.
- Because We Could Actually Hit the 2008 Election Trifecta
- Because Broadway Is Back
- Because We Proudly Harbor Illegal Immigrants
- Because Your Foot Can Make You Famous
- Because Philip. Seymour. Hoffman.
- Because the Yankees are the New Red Sox
- Because Brangelina Is Gone
- Because Rupert Murdoch Thinks Newspapers Are a Growth Business
- Because We're Finding Out Who's Worth Their Paychecks on Wall Street
- Because We Shed Our Skin Like Lizards
- Because You Can Find Love Underground
- Because the UES Isn't Interested in Being Cool
- Because of the Retro Glamour of 'Mad Men'
- Because We’re Not Afraid of Frying
For years, Hollywood has unjustly characterized us as harried, gruff misanthropes. To set the record straight once and for all, your correspondent haunted Union Square, making requests of various strangers.
At ten on a recent Saturday night, a team of investigators headed underground to capture the scene.
- Because We Can Get Gourmet Desserts Out of a Truck
- Because the Transportation Head Is a Cycling Radical
- Because Our Carbon Footprints Are Smaller Than Farmers'
- Because You Can See Emmy-Winners in a 150-Seat Theater
- Because We Have Opera Smackdowns
- Because Music Is Starting to Sound Better
- Because We Can Turn Anything Into a Place to Live
- Because We’re Twice as Generous as the Rest of America
- Because a Single Block Can Be an Architectural Wonderland
- Because People Will Argue About Anything
- Because Our Kids Love Books
- Because Celebrities Love It Just Like Us
- Because Jewcy.com's Readers Have Their Own Reasons