New Yorkers are skilled at cognitive dissonance—deeply romantic yet devoted to the quick thrill, lusty and then surprisingly conventional. But don’t ask us to choose: In this city, the answer to most either/or questions, but especially ones about sex and love, is usually “both.”
Below are links to confessions from New Yorkers who've made many kinds of choices: virgins of all ages, married men, a divorcing mom, a lesbian bride, and a woman twice betrayed. Plus: the MILF-cougar continuum, and some outspoken scensters explain why they're good in bed.
- The Great Escape
- One recently separated woman’s attempt to come to grips with society’s expectation that she act like a basket case.
- The Sex Diaries
- An hour-by-hour accounting of six New Yorkers’ sexual desires and their much-less-frequent consummation.
- The Waiting Room
- Why an assortment of voluntary virgins like it that way.
- What Are You Like in Bed?
- Sex tips from randomly selected bargoers.