Hails taxis and, starting in August, black cars; a Fastest First icon connects to whoever’s closest—taxi, black car, or sedan; more than 250,000 users.
Hails black cars and, soon, taxis; flat rate of $70 to airport; a Wall Street favorite; 200,000 users.
- The Great Taxi Upheaval Is Here
- 6 Ways to Summon Drivers
- Talking With Taxi Drivers
- The New Ridescape: Comparing Taxi Options
- A Look at Taxi Provider Disputes
- The Boro-Taxi Revolution
- Is Uber Worth Its Obnoxious Customers?
- John Zimmer on Lyft's New York Debut
- Talking With Women Drivers
- 24 Hours in One Taxi
Hails black cars; a monthly unlimited-ride pass for a flat fee based on Whisk’s assessment of your commuting habits (average cost is about $600); 25,000 users.
Shared-taxi and shared-black-car hailing throughout the city (the app matches up customers in the same vicinity); more than 10,000 users.
Taxi and livery-car booking for the airport; 2,343 users.
Shared-SUV hailing on the Upper East Side; $6 to $9 fee; more than 3,000 users.