New York magazine occasionally publishes articles written by freelance writers. To pitch story ideas to the magazine, please email a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that your story is selected for further evaluation, you will be contacted by a representative of the Editorial Department. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in New York.
Senior Editor - Vulture
Vulture, New York Magazine’s entertainment site, is looking to add a new Senior Editor. The ideal candidate will combine a deep love for and knowledge of television and movies with a native understanding of the types of stories that spread over social media.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of classic and current television
- Comfortable multitasking and working quickly, able to edit and produce multiple stories daily
- At least two years of experience editing at an online pace
- Ability to constantly generate story ideas
- Solid contact list of freelance writers
- Experience assigning and editing essays, interviews, criticism, reported pieces, and news
- Ability to assign, shepherd, and manage packages comprised of multiple stories from multiple writers.
- Strong news judgment
- Comfortable with 24/7 social-media-driven news cycle
- Interest in and understanding of how the entertainment industry works
- Knack for translating insider knowledge into stories that appeal to a general audience
- Ability to use different tools — images, GIFs, video, and other forms of multimedia — to tell stories
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with "Senior Editor, Vulture — NYM." in the subject line. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.
Integrated Account Manager
New York Media’s Integrated Advertising Department is seeking an Integrated Account Manager to sell both print and online. We seek people who thrive on having a direct contribution to the success of the business, and have the ability to think entrepreneurially. We are looking for strong prospectors and closers who are as comfortable at client meetings as they are with writing proposals and answering RFPs.
- 3+ years of cross-platform/integrated advertising sales experience
- Strong sales development skills to break new accounts
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Fashion experience/contacts a plus
- Must have experience with a CRM system, DSM, DFP, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to prioritize goals and re-orient priorities in a fluid, dynamic sales environment
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Integrated Account Manager - NYM”. Include the following information in your résumé and cover letter:
- Brief description of your work experience as it relates to the position
- Brief description of your education
- Any additional skills you believe will contribute to our organization
- SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. No phone calls, please. EOE.