1) Dads love BBQ, especially when it comes with two sides, a flight of beer or bourbon, and the company of his dear, sweet progeny like it will this Sunday if you take him to Southern Hospitality.
2) Fancy dads (or ones that are fans of Gilligan’s Island) will enjoy taking to the high seas for a champagne brunch or dinner cruise…
3) …While those that are into exercise might appreciate a hike, courtesy of Staten Island’s Blue Heron Nature Center. Bonus for the cash-strapped: It’s free!
4) Show pops how crafty you can be with recycled materials at a DIY Father’s Day Festival at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park.
5) Or give him the gift of song at a special Father’s Day Karaoke on the boardwalk of Coney Island.
7) Or feed his brain with a historical walking tour of Cobble Hill, led by Francis Morrone, director of the CHA Cobble Hill Project.
8) Take dad to the paradise of patriarchy (for some) that is Yankee Stadium, for a Father’s Day package that’ll score you a tour, a collectible hat, a meal at the Hard Rock Café and a photo on the Warning Track.
9) Or have a catch with him in the outfield of MCU park in Coney Island before Sunday’s Cyclones game (the season starts this weekend).
10) Make dad feel like a kid again when his admission ticket to the Intrepid costs the price of a child’s (print the coupon from the website), with the day’s schedule including family-oriented games like water balloon-tossing and potato sack races.
11) Or watch other people exert themselves at the Rockstar Cycling Classic and festival (including an inflatable park for kiddies) in Harlem. Happy Father’s Day!