1) Prospect Park will waft with Americana when singer-songwriter Patty Griffin kicks off the Celebrate Brooklyn outdoor music series tonight, June 5.
2) Or kick it in a different way at Santos for their Downtown Wednesday Night, with beats provided by Ninjasonik, Slim Dollars, and more.
3) Also on June 5, head to Red Hook Park, where legendary emcee Rakim steps out to master the microphone in this free Summerstage show, presented by Lyricist Lounge.
4) Or swing by Thursday, when Red Hook Park also has the goods with Fuzz, Ty Segall's new sludge metal band, with Ex-Cult and a D.J. set by Jonathan Toubin.
5) If you missed Ex-Cult in Red Hook, they'll also be busting eardrums with their garage punk on Friday alongside Oblivians at the Seaport Music Festival, which runs through June.
6) Or kick up your heels at another festival, the summer-long Hudson Square Music & Wine Festival, with free shows every Tuesday on the blacktop behind City Winery. Next Tuesday it's Los Straightjackets.
7) Speaking of parties in the back, Union Pool's Summer Thunder outdoor music series is back for a fourth year, with Heavy Black (featuring J. Mascis) headlining this Saturday.
8) Or check out PitchBlak Brass Band, Aabaraki, Cold Fronts, Osekre & The Lucky Bastards, and See Through at Crest Hardware's Crest Fest in Williamsburg.
9) Le Bain's end-of-the-week afternoon rooftop dance bacchanalia Select Summer Fridays is back, this week featuring Tiki Disco.
10) Or head to the basement of another hotel, the Ace, which is hosting their Sunday Night Music Series featuring disco duet Color War weekly through June.
11) On Wednesday, June 12, post-punks the Yellow Dogs take the stage at Brooklyn Bowl with Dinowalrus, EULA, and Shark? opening, free with R.S.V.P.
12) Or make your way to the Bed-Stuy's Herbert Von King Park, where Grammy-winning rapper Big Daddy Kane provides a mid-week boost, with a D.J. set by DJ Scratch.