Beth Orton. Photo: Andy Sheppard/Redferns/Getty Images
1. It’s Valentine’s weekend! If you’re into that sort of thing, we’ve got a to ways to spend the time—from singles events to daring lingerie to spa packages for two. whole guide
2. Or if you’d just like a regular reservation (because you can put together your own menu, gosh darn it!), here’s a list of . business-as-usual restaurants
3. On Friday, opt to go classical when indie violinist (best known as a member of Arcade Fire) plays avant folk from her debut album at Sarah Neufeld the Kitchen.
4. Or behold stunning views (made even more so by the snow in Central Park) when plays Beth Orton Jazz at Lincoln Center, at Columbus Circle.
5. Video game nerds, um, aficionados can head to the Museum of the Moving Image for , a festival of the indie video games including panels, workshops, and games still under development. IndieCade East
6. While fans of graffiti can learn how to at the draw their own name Museum of the City of New York, in conjunction with their “ City As Canvas” graffiti art exhibit.
7. The at the Joyce Theater presents a homecoming of sorts for artistic director Ethan Stiefel (whom fans of a certain age will remember from the delightful dance movie Royal New Zealand Ballet Center Stage).
8. While dancing of a different sort happens at on Friday. Also at Gotham Burlesque Duane Park both on Friday and Saturday.
9. On Sunday, chats with comedienne Judy Gold and signs copies of her new memoir Delia Ephron Sister Mother Husband Dog at the 92nd Street Y …
10. While over in Brooklyn, DJ Jazzy Jeff celebrates the life and career of Detroit rapper and producer J Dilla at . Happy Weekend! Brooklyn Bowl