1. How about a festival? We've got nine to choose from, from the theatrics of the Fringe Fest, to big names in Americana, to the the closing night of Celebrate Brooklyn! with a free show by St. Vincent.
2. This weekend Open House New York educates with a New York Art Deco Scavenger Hunt. Solve clues and win prizes, alone or in groups. Either way, there will be tons of opportunities for taking pictures. Register for tickets here.
3. Comedy veteran Donnell Rawlings—who recently opened up for Dave Chappelle at Radio City—takes over Carolines from Thursday through Sunday.
4. On Saturday at Joe's Pub, the fantastic dancers of the Brown Girls Burlesque pay homage to Prince, with DJ Natasha Diggs on the decks.
5. Have you seen the “Power of Poison” exhibit yet at the Museum of Natural History? It closes this Sunday.
6. Also closing this weekend: the wonderful show Violet, starring Sutton Foster.
7. On Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Park Avenue from Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park you'll find Summer Streets, where there won't be cars but there will be music, jugglers, interactive art, and more, free of charge.
8. And on Sunday, catch the end of the Lincoln Center Out of Doors festival, with a free show by Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, among others. Happy weekend!