1. The circus is in town! Cirque du Soleil, that is. Through Sunday you can catch their show Varekai, set deep within a forest at the base of a volcano. In Brooklyn. Whimsical and family-friendly fun.
2. Or take a trip to Coney Island to the Museum of Interesting Things, for a circus-/wind-up-toy-themed show.
3. Over on Long Island, Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails do a double-header on Friday at Jones Beach.
4. Or opt to stay closer to home for Jurassic 5, at the Best Buy theater on Saturday.
5. Feel like peering into the darkness of the human condition? Enter at Forest Lawn by the Amoralists has just one week to go, written by and starring a dude who produced Two and a Half Men and Mike and Molly, so you know he knows dark.
6. Or go for something lighter, with Wayra, the third installment in the Fuerza Bruta series. Be prepared to want to dance (and possibly get wet).
7. Speaking of dancing, there are a few outdoor options this weekend as well, including MoMA PS1's Warm Up on Saturday, featuring Daniele Bldelli, a live performance by Simian Mobile Disco, and more.
8. Or head to Industry City in Sunset Park, the new home of the Mister Sunday parties.
9. Laughing is fun. This Saturday, Kids in the Hall alum Kevin McDonald tells jokes and sings his way into your heart at the PIT.
10. While Ron Funches from NBC's Undateable takes over Carolines from Friday to Sunday. Happy Weekend!