1. How about some dancing on a pier? DJ collective Thievery Corporation plays JBL Live at Pier 97, in Hudson River Park on Friday.
2. Or catch a free Central Park SummerStage show when Blood Orange, Moses Sumney, and Sean Nicholas Savage take the stage on Saturday.
3. Speaking of Central Park, it's the last weekend to catch John Lithgow as King Lear at Shakespeare in the Park.
4. It's also the last weekend to catch Neil Patrick Harris as Hedwig on Broadway (Andrew Rannells takes over the role beginning August 20).
5. On Sunday, the San Francisco–based Dirtybird Records takes their barbecue and booty-shaking party on tour, hitting Verboten with DJs Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Kill Frenzy, and more ...
6. Or have a throwback weekend at the ninth annual Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island, with tunes courtesy of Michael Arenella and his Dreamland Orchestra.
7. Willing to take a short trip for entertainment? Eminem and Rihanna hit the MetLife stadium in New Jersey for two nights.
8. While Louis CK, Sarah Silverman, Aziz Ansari, and more swing through Holmdel, New Jersey, on the Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival on Sunday. They're back at the Nikon Center on Long Island on the 22nd.
9. In Queens, the arts collective Flux Factory celebrates 20 years with their "Homecoming" exhibit.
10. Or head to the Met for the Garry Winogrand retrospective, which our critic calls "powerful." Happy weekend!