1. It's ice-cream season! And on July 19 and 20, Hester Street Fair is hosting an Ice Cream Social weekend, with vendors including Melt Bakery, Davey's Ice Cream, and DF Mavens.
2. How about an outdoor movie? For the kiddies (and, yeah, adults) there's a screening of Frozen on Friday in Maria Hernandez Park in Brooklyn.
3. While over at Fort Greene Park, Kickstarter takes over a free film festival featuring films that have been funded on the site, like Obvious Child, and musical performances, including one by Kaki King.
4. Head to Prospect Park on Saturday for a Celebrate Brooklyn show by Deltron 3030 with Nomadic Massive. It'll cost you nothing.
5. Or swing by Brooklyn Bowl, celebrating five years this month. Celebrate with a late-night DJ set by Chris Keating of Yeasayer on Friday, or hip-hop karaoke on Saturday. If you've got the chops, that is.
6. The New Museum is throwing a family-friendly block party on Saturday, with interactive projects and performances inspired by current exhibitions.
7. While over at Caroline's, there's a decidedly less family-friendly headliner in the very funny D.L. Hughley.
8. For five days there will be events celebrating Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi, including an outdoor concert at Lincoln Center on Sunday at 4 p.m. with speakers including Judy Collins; Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary; Dar Williams; the Chapin Sisters; and more, including speakers Michael Moore and Harry Belafonte. Can't make it? Live-stream the event at LincolnCenter.org/watch. Happy Weekend!