1. How about a dance party? On Saturday you have your choice of nihilistic dance punks The Faint or lovers-not-fighters Chromeo. On Sunday, visit Governors Island for the club-thumping beats of Boris.
2. Or maybe you’d rather just laugh. On Friday Eugene Mirman rounds out his tour with U.K. funnyman Daniel Kitson, with special guests Maeve Higgins and Jon Benjamin, while this weekend another U.K. funnyman Eddie Izzard finishes up a five-night stint at the Beacon.
3. Feeling arty? This Sunday is the grand opening of the music and art exhibition FLOW on Randall’s Island, with events for the whole family running from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
4. Or see what it’s like to live like a Jetson at the Gizmodo Home of the Future. Apparently, in the future there’s free WiFi, along with tons of events.
5. Get cultured at a free afternoon of opera and song at Lincoln Center on Saturday.
6. Or learn how to fend for yourself at a discussion of Ava Chin’s Eating Wildly: Foraging for Life, Love and the Perfect Meal at the Brooklyn Public Library on Sunday.
7. How about trying a new rooftop bar? Sonny’s Soda Shoppe at the Mondrian Soho opened this week (we highly recommend their olive-oil cocktail), plus here are a few new options for every type of carouser.
8. Or visit a rooftop to catch a film. This Saturday Rooftop Films kicks off their summer series with the critically acclaimed Obvious Child, starring Jenny Slate.