425 W. 15th St., nr. Ninth Ave.; 212-206-0000
This dark, subterranean space, couched underneath Chelsea Market, doesn’t scream summertime, but unlike the neighboring Standard Biergarten, you can actually move without tripping over a double-fisting frat boy. The faded Persian rugs and walls of exposed brick give this long hallway of a room an inviting if familiar Edison-lightbulb-lit charm. Chelsea Market shoppers and an after-work crowd from chic neighbors like Milk Studios and Google drink fun, impeccably made cocktails like the Booty Collins ($13), tea-infused vodka with passion fruit, yohimbe, lemon, and a hint of cayenne.
- What Does Your Drink Say About You?
- Playing Cupid at a Beer-Hall Meat-Market
- The New Wave of Gin-Centric Cocktail Joints
- Bottle Service for Bottle-Service Haters
- Where to Drink, Anywhere, Anytime
- Solutions to Six Drink-Order Clichés
- Brunchtime Cocktails Worth Setting an Alarm For
- Manhattan's New Russian-Themed Club vs. Little Odessa
- A Night in the Life of the Mister H Doormen