210 Elizabeth St., nr. Prince St.; 212-343-7011
The hallmark of this Soho lounge is its rotating menu of boutique cocktailssix all told (one bubbly, one stirred, one bottled, etc.), made-to-order that day and that day alone. The Prince of Wales ($13) appeals to Anglophiles with its hearty blend of cognac, Madeira, Grand Marnier, and Champagne, while the well-shaken Monkey Gland ($13) teases with gin, grenadine, absinthe, and orange juice. If a drink catches your eye, order it on the spot; the from-scratch concoction will be gone 24 hours later. The Daily is outfitted with twinkling lights and slick leather banquettes, making it a knockout second-date spot. And if your companion proves a bit unadventurous, rest assured drinks director Naren Young (Saxon + Parole) can whip out a sidecar ($14) or one of 600 other classics, off-menu but solid all the same.
- What Does Your Drink Say About You?
- Playing Cupid at a Beer-Hall Meat-Market
- The New Wave of Gin-Centric Cocktail Joints
- Bottle Service for Bottle-Service Haters
- Where to Drink, Anywhere, Anytime
- Solutions to Six Drink-Order Clichés
- Brunchtime Cocktails Worth Setting an Alarm For
- Manhattan's New Russian-Themed Club vs. Little Odessa
- A Night in the Life of the Mister H Doormen