5 Front St., nr. Old Fulton St., Dumbo; 718-852-2700
The elevated Mexican fare put together by the team behind Colonie (hominy-and-pig’s-head posole, sweetbread tacos) is worth the trip to this artfully old-timey space. But the lineup of creative agave-centric cocktails and the 50-seat outdoor backyard are worthy of a wee-hours night (and even the next-day headache). The superbly spicy Margarita de Toronja Picante ($12), for instance, combines habanero-infused tequila, Combier, fresh grapefruit juice, and housemade jalapeño syrup, while the Vida de Mole’s recipe of mezcal, sweet vermouth, Campari, and smoky bitters ($12) is a Negroni gone south of the border.
- What Does Your Drink Say About You?
- Playing Cupid at a Beer-Hall Meat-Market
- The New Wave of Gin-Centric Cocktail Joints
- Bottle Service for Bottle-Service Haters
- Where to Drink, Anywhere, Anytime
- Solutions to Six Drink-Order Clichés
- Brunchtime Cocktails Worth Setting an Alarm For
- Manhattan's New Russian-Themed Club vs. Little Odessa
- A Night in the Life of the Mister H Doormen